For Canadian Dollar deposits, we have 2 options:
- Interac Money Request ($100 - $10,000)
- Wire Transfer ($10,000 - $5,000,000) (Click the link here to view our Wire transfer process)
*To use your credit/debit card for direct crypto purchases, you can visit our guide here.
As part of our deposit policy, we can only accept funds in the account holder's name. If this person is a joint bank account holder, you will need to provide us with a joint bank statement. Otherwise, we will need to set up an account for the other person before we can accept the funds.
If you'd like to fund your account from a business/corporate account please reach out to our Support Team for more information.
*Interac E-Transfers may take up to 1 hour for your funds to reach us.
Interac Money Request
1. Click on the Deposit button at the top right of your screen. Or you can click on the Add more funds button next to your Portfolio Value.
2. Select on Interac E-transfer option.
3. Enter the amount you'd like to deposit and click Confirm Deposit Amount.
4. Once you click Confirm Deposit Amount, you will have to review the changes to the Interac E-Transfer deposit process and check off the boxes and then click OK, I understand!
5. You will receive an Interac Money Request from CoinSmart (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your email that's associated with your CoinSmart account.
You simply have to accept this money request by clicking on your bank as shown below. Then you'll be directed to your bank's website to accept the transfer.
If your bank isn't shown, you can click on Select a different financial institution.
Once you've accepted the request and Interac has delivered the funds, the balance will automatically be processed into your CoinSmart account!
Interac Money Requests may take 1 - 60 minutes. If you do not see the funds in your account within 60 minutes, then we would recommend following up with your financial institution to inquire about the status of the transfer. Occasionally banks/INTERAC may place holds on transfers for various reasons.