CoinSmart has practices in place to ensure every account's safety and security. Please visit for more info on how CoinSmart keeps the accounts secure - What does CoinSmart do to make my account secure? There are several steps can be taken to ensure extra safety of your account and we recommend the following steps:
1. Use a strong password as it is paramount to keeping your account safe. CoinSmart customers are required to use a password that is 8 characters or more and must include a combination of at least: 1 upper case letter, 1 lower case letter, 1 number and 1 special character [eg. !@#$%^&*()]. Choose a unique password that is difficult to guess. This means avoiding common words, birthdays, spouse or children's names. Please do not share your passwords or login credentials.
2. Two Factor Authentication (2FA), is now automatically enabled for all CoinSmart accounts. For extra security, Google Authenticator is kept on your personal mobile device and you should be the only one to have access to it. More on Google 2FA Authenticator HERE.
3. Only use your personal email address and computer that you have access to. Do not use a shared email or a shared computer to access this website and facilitate your account.
4. Run Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware software on a regular basis on your computer and mobile device.
5. Keep your operating system up to date. If using the mobile app, ensure to use the most up-to-date version of CoinSmart mobile app.
6. Never download any software that allows remote access to your computer such as Anydesk or Teamviewer.
7. Never click on links or attachments that are sent to you from an email account you don’t recognize. Also, don’t share personal information with someone you don’t know.
8. Avoid clicking pop-ups as these may unintentionally download malware or spyware to your computer. If you click on a pop-up, disconnect your computer from the internet right away. Do not engage in any online tech support as they may be complicit in the scam.
9. Never send cryptocurrency to a wallet you do not have access to. If it’s not your key, it’s not your cryptocurrency.
If you have been contacted by anyone other than a CoinSmart representative, or if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to transacting or releasing any personal details.