You can use CoinSmart's iOS app to make a deposit to your CoinSmart account.
This guide will show you how to deposit CAD into your account.
For Canadian Dollar deposits, we have 2 options:
- Interac Money Request ($100 - $10,000)
- Wire Transfer ($10,000 - $5,000,000)
As part of our deposit policy, we can only accept funds in the account holder's name. If this person is a joint bank account holder, you will need to provide us with a joint bank statement. Otherwise, we will need to set up an account for the other person before we can accept the funds.
If you'd like to fund your account from a business/corporate account please reach out to our Support Team for more information.
To fund your account, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Sign-in to the app and tap on the CoinSmart logo at the bottom of the screen
2. Tap on Transfer
3. Tap on Deposit Fiat
4. Here, you'll see 2 options:
- For E-Transfers, enter the amount you'd like to deposit and tap Confirm Deposit Amount
- Here you'll see the information you need to complete the transfer. You will receive an Interac Money Request from CoinSmart (email@example.com) to your email that's associated with your CoinSmart account.
- You simply have to accept this money request by clicking on your bank as shown above. Then you'll be directed to your bank's website to accept the transfer.
If your bank isn't shown, you can click on Select a different financial institution.
- For Wire transfers, enter the amount you'd like to deposit and tap Confirm Deposit Amount
Once you click Confirm Deposit Amount, please review the amount and record the Reference # as shown on this screen to include it in the Memo for the wire when sending from your bank.
You will then be shown the wire transfer instructions on the next screen. You can download and print the wire instructions by clicking the Download Wire Instructions button. Then simply take it to your bank branch to complete the wire transfer! Be sure to remember the reference number! Failure to do so may result in a delay in funds reaching your account.
All deposits are processed and added to your account the same day we receive them in our bank!
Fairly simple, right? Posted below is a video walkthrough for this same process - be sure to check that out!
With your updated balance you can conduct a number of other transactions as well including buying or trading! You can find more guides to help you with other transactions on our main FAQ page.
As always, if you ever have any questions or need any help you can reach out to us directly via:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chat (Available 9am-9pm EST 365) | Chatbot available 24/7/365
And we'd be happy to help you make your trading experience a great one!